Tuesday 28 February 2006

Watch out!

Doing my Evening Prayer and reading in Romans:
I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them. For such persons do not serve our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive (16.17-18)
That makes me wonder about those in the Canadian Anglican and US Episcopal churches who have caused deep divisions throughout the Anglican Communion and have created obstacles to fellowship by teaching and actions which are clearly contrary to the doctrine we have been taught and which has been held historically and universally across the denominations in the One, Holy and Apostolic Church.

Avoid them?

1 comments:

Chip Johnson+, cj said...
Avoid them, Fr. Gene?

Absolutely, the Word tells us, "From such turn away."

On a personal note, I have visited your parish site, beautiful! And I really like the Baptism and Wedding pages. And htank you for including my poor attempt in your blog list.

Pax Christi †,
Br Chip, cj

No comments:

Post a Comment