Thursday 24 January 2008

Bible Verse Prayer Points and a Collect

Some more prayer point verses from my readings this week:
My soul clings to the dust. Give me life according to your Word. (Ps 119.25)

Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things, and give me life according to your ways. (Ps 119.37)

The gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life. (Mt 7.14)

He grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God. (Ro 4. 20)

Trust in the LORD and do good, dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness. (Ps 37. 3)
Some good pointed verses to be prayed for me/us/him/her/them.

Our Collect for last Sunday is an especially good one to so pray:
Almighty God, you Son our Saviour Jesus Christ is the light of the world. May your people (me/us/him/her/them) illumined by your Word and Sacraments, shine with the radiance of His Glory, that He may be known, worshipped and obeyed to the ends of the earth; who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment