Saturday 2 May 2009

Jesus Became a Sacrament for Me

A lovely bit from Carlo Caretto's In Search of the Beyond, one of the Readings for Reflection in A Guide to Prayer:
Jesus became a sacrament for me, the cause of my salvation, he brought my time in hell to an end, and put a stop to my inner disintegration. He washed me patiently in the waters of baptism, he filled me with the exhilarating joy of the Holy Spirit in confirmation, he nourished me with the bread of his word. Above all, he forgave me, he forgot everything, he did not even wish me to remember my past myself.
Me, too. Alleluia!

1 comment:

  1. Gene - I agree that is a beautiful picture of the work of Jesus in my life. A beautiful picture for all those who do not know Him to gaze at and wonder "gee, could I hang that picture (the meaning of the whole quote) on my wall?" Of course you can!

    ReplyDelete