Tuesday 13 October 2009

A 125th, a Title and a Return

It's been a while. Lots happening, a trip to Vegas, for example. More on that later.

In the meantime:



This last weekend, Thanksgiving, we had our StB 125th Anniversary banquet and worship celebration. It was good. The organizing committee did a great job, the hall and the church looked wonderful. Sherry Nott's 125th Anniversary choir was wonderful.

An Honour and a Title Bestowed

To top all that off, in recognition of my service to the diocese, the Bishop surprised me by calling me up at the end of the service and conferring on me the title of Canon, so I am now "The Reverend Canon." It feels strange. Good, but strange. I really thought my rather out-spoken conservatism had put me beyond the pale for such things.

Blessed be the Name of the LORD.

The Wanderers Return

Son (now "of a Gun," the wags say) Anth, daughter-in-law, Kristy, and grandson, Levi, all returned from a month in New Zealand on Saturday evening. We headed off to celebrate Thanksgiving with them in Okotoks. It was grand to hear their impressions of the motherland and our families.

Land of the Long White Cloud: the Kaikura coast

No comments:

Post a Comment