Sunday 2 May 2010

Farewell to the Anglican Parish of Chatham and the Miramichi

After a wonderful Eucharistic celebration, good food and many goodbyes, the Spring Rains mission in the Anglican Parish of Chatham, New Brunswick, has drawn to a close.

What a great parish! I met a group of Anglicans who are enthusiastic about Jesus, love the Bible, serve their community and enjoy praying for one another. I experienced Spirit led, lay folk initiated, well organized ministry. And not only that, they are prepared to try new things so they can serve Jesus better. They do all this under the capable and loving leadership of The Reverend Gordon and Bell Thompson.

It was a great honour to serve them over these last few days. Thanks to Anglican Renewal Ministries who brought us together and, most of all, to the LORD for being so graciously and manifestly present in our meetings.


And speaking of blessings, yesterday Eddie Quan, member of the parish and ARM board member, took me for a drive to Escuminac and I got to dip my fingers in the Atlantic Ocean again after 55 or so years.

Tomorrow I begin my journey home.

No comments:

Post a Comment