Monday 10 May 2010

Turning a Church Into a Home

This came up again on Google Reader the other day. A Georgian church in the UK becomes a gorgeous looking home. How's this for a living room, for example?


But it makes me wonder. I don't know if this happened because of the death of a congregation, which saddens me, or perhaps they moved, although I can't imagine that. And I wonder about our efforts to make our church buildings we still use for worship into designer-historical-site set pieces; comfortable and beautiful; somewhere to meet our friends, enjoy meals, sit around in comfort and visit; somewhere to sleep. 



A font as an occasional table. 



It is beautiful. But…

More pictures at ALKEMIE, a rather neat design and decorating site here

1 comment:

  1. I would probably be uncomfortable there but its better than the old stone church in downtown Brandon that became a booze can, till shut down.

    ReplyDelete