Friday 30 December 2005

A Purpose

More from John, Chapter 1, verse 31: “I myself did not know him, but for this purpose I came…” If John himself did not know Jesus and yet had an important purpose in the Kingdom of God, there’s hope for me and all of us working out our salvation in the Church.

Our purpose? John writes, “I have seen and have borne witness that this is the Son of God” (Verse 34). We, too, are to keep our eyes open watching for Jesus in our prayer-time hearts, in our companions, in our work-places and fun-places, wherever we live and move and have our being…even when we go to the movies. We never know when He’ll show. And then, our purpose too, is to bear witness that this is the Son of God. In other words, to let our lives be the evidence the people around us need to know He is real.

No comments:

Post a Comment