Thursday 2 September 2010

A Three Year Old's View of God

Daughter-in-law, Kristy, has reported a couple of profound conversations with three year old grandson, Levi, about God.

A couple of months ago she posted this on Facebook:
had a great conversation with Levi tonight about God. He told me that his God is too big to fit in our house, that our house is just for the little guys. He also asked me, 'Mom, you know my God?' and when I said yes, he smiled and said 'that's good. He's nice.'
Then an email arrived yesterday with this:
So I was chatting with Levi again about God and had a pretty good laugh at this comment…
L: God is not here
K: God is here – you just can’t see him with your eyes right now.  
L: No Mom, God is not in here right now.
K: Where is God then?
L: Outside with the other gods.
K: Well, there are no other gods, so I don’t know about that.
L: What!? (sat up in bed with big eyes too)
K: It’s true. 
I tried to explain more but he seemed to have enough to digest by then… 
Does Levi see the Trinity?

No comments:

Post a Comment