Sunday 26 June 2011

St Alban's Ottawa Folk Forced From Their Building

A sad day. An injustice methinks. I agree with George Sinclair's belief that the parish is the rightful owner of the property "legally, canonically and morally"—especially morally.

I also like the way he describes the problem in much of the Anglican Church of Canada:
If you end up thinking you’re smarter and nicer and wiser than the master, in what way are you still his disciple? … The Bible is very clear on certain things, as to what is right or wrong.
H/T Anglican Essentials Blog

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad :-)

4 comments:

  1. It is indeed a sad day when the Church begins treating those who do not agree with them in such a vengeful manner. H'mmm, treat gays with respect and love (and bless them) and then act this way toward people who disagree. I wonder if this is how the Inquisition started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to ask - why are your time talents and money still with the ACoC?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate: Sorry for taking so long to answer. Twenty years ago when I gave my life to Him, He planted me in an
    Anglican Church and He continues to meet me there - regularly. He has not yet told me it is time to leave. For me, I will not be pushed out of my Church by a bunch of people who are bordering heretics. I give of my time and talents to bless those who attend St. Barnabas to the best of my ability. I give my money to support my parish and diocese who are still on course. Yes, some of my money goes to the ACoC, and ultimately those above us will have to answer to the Lord for how they have chosen to use it. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate: thanks for asking. My response is here.

    ReplyDelete