Tuesday 10 April 2012

Moments When I Love My Job


This little beauty is Claire Simone Moses Randle, baptized in the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit at St Barnabas along with her sister Katherine Rose Moses Randle in the Easter Vigil last Saturday.

I had just lifted her from the font. She looked at me very thoughtfully and I looked back. The moment reminded me of something I read in October last year by The Right Revd Dr Kelvin Wright, Bishop of Dunedin, New Zealand, where he described meeting his first granddaughter for the first time. This is what he wrote:
I was rewarded with an amazing treasure: she looked at me and smiled and wordlessly enquired who I was. It is an affirming thing to be seen and known, but especially by someone so utterly undefended and pure. 
Exactly. I was moved by Bishop Wright's insight and I was moved by my encounter with Claire.

I have a great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment